9/24/17

Perfectly Boiled Eggs

For years, I have been using my sister's recipe for hard-cooked eggs. It makes good eggs, but almost half the time, the eggs are difficult to peel or they sometimes have a gray ring around the yolk.

Then I came across a recipe in Joy the Baker Over Easy called "The Secret to Perfectly Boiled Eggs."

Everyone claims they have the recipe to perfectly boiled eggs, so I was skeptical. I made this recipe three times in a row to make sure it really worked before I shared it here. It could not be more simple. All the eggs have come out perfectly. It didn't matter if the eggs were fresh or had been in the refrigerator for a couple of weeks. No gray rings and they peel so easily!

Perfectly Boiled Eggs

Fill a pan with cold water. Bring the water to a full rolling boil.

Remove the eggs from the refrigerator just before you put them in the pan. Reduce the heat to medium and boil them for 13 minutes. Joy recommends 11 minutes, but I found that the yolks were not quite fully cooked so I increased it to 13 minutes.

Remove the pan from the heat. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the eggs to a large bowl of ice water. Let the eggs rest about five minutes. Peel and eat or store in the refrigerator.


Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment:

  1. It sounds much easier. I will try it next time. How old were your eggs?

    ReplyDelete