6/9/15

Five Years

Guess what today is!

Life with Riley is five years old.

On June 9, 2010 I wrote my first blog post. It was the story of how Peter and I made corn hole bags for his corn hole game and how I made my prom dress and the suit my prom date wore my senior year in high school.

That was the start of it all. From there I just kept writing and writing and writing.

Now I have 1,275 blog posts under my belt. How can someone write that many posts? The crazy thing is that I have rarely planned ahead for my posts. I keep telling myself I need to set up a blog editorial calendar so I know ahead of time what I'm going to write about, but it never happens.

Each day, I try to think of something to write. Sometimes my brain is empty and I don't write anything. It gets harder and harder to come up with ideas. I think I've written about everything.

The Google statistics for my blog say that I've had 53,440 page views on my blog. I don't know how accurate that is. The most popular blog post so far has been Pam's Fashion Show which had 72 page views alone. I think she drummed up business for me.

I want to thank all of my faithful followers for reading Life with Riley. It keeps me thinking and writing. I don't want to disappoint anyone. I try not to go more than three days without a post or Pam gets after me.

We will see if I can write for five more years. With Riley by my side, I guess I'll never run out of material.
Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment:

  1. I just caught up after I was gone for a couple of weeks.... love your blog, friend... I'm a faithful follower :-)

    ReplyDelete