1/5/25

Blind Date With a Book

 

Carolyn gave me the cutest gift for Christmas this year. She bought me a book, wrapped it up with all kinds of goodies, and gave me a clue on the tag to figure out what book it was before I opened the gift.

From the clue, "Fiction, Neighbors, First Impressions," I had no idea what the book could be. The wrapping was so pretty that it took me until today to want to open it. I really didn't want to dismantle the goodies.

The first layer included a Yogi tea bag called Bedtime (It supports a good night's sleep), a heart-shaped paper clip, and a cork coaster to set my cup of tea on. 

The second layer had two pieces of chocolate, a purifying facial mask made with avocado, a purple flower stem, a Zebra Sarasa Fineliner pen with red ink, and a Bible verse card of Joshua 1:9 "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go."

And the last layer contained a notebook with my initial, "M," a sticker sheet, and a bookmark in the form of a library checkout card (so cute!).


This is what the wrapping looked like after I removed everything from the folds. And what book was inside???

A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman. 

Even though I have already read this book, it was still a fun surprise to find it inside!
Carolyn has promised to show me how to do this magical gift wrapping so I can give these cute little books to others.
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment