Make a double batch of these Energy Bites and keep them in the freezer. They are a healthy alternative to a granola bar and just one can satisfy a sweet tooth or hold you over until dinner.
Each batch makes about 15 bites if you use a small cookie dough scoop.
Ingredients
1 cup rolled oats
1 T. ground flaxseeds
2 t. chia seeds
2 t. hemp seeds
2 T. collagen peptides or vanilla protein powder
1/3 cup almond butter or peanut butter
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1/2 t. sea salt
1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
Directions
In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine all ingredients. Mix until well combined.
Line a tray or plate with parchment paper. Using a small cookie scoop, place the formed balls on the tray or plate.
Serve immediately or transfer to the refrigerator to chill for 20-30 minutes. Serve fresh or freeze for 1-2 months.
Here is another version of this treat that I blogged about in 2016. I like the current recipe, which I found on a website called Unbound Wellness, better because the original one does not hold together as easily.



No comments:
Post a Comment