11/17/23

Retirement Hasn't Killed Me

 

The Wall of Fame at Premier Fitness & Performance 

If you look closely (click on the image), you can see that Don and I have continued to work out since our retirement in 2010. We have faithfully gotten out of bed and driven to Twinsburg almost every Tuesday and Thursday (excluding a couple of months in 2020 and when recovering from surgery) for 13 years.

After two months of working out, I thought this retirement thing was going to kill me. See this post from 2011.

To tell you the truth, I would not be still doing this without Don. I would have given up after having shoulder surgery in 2013. But because Don is the most habit-driven, consistent person I know, we are still at it together!

I am sure all this working out is doing something good for our bodies. I can squat, lunge, sprint, run through a ladder, step up on a tall box, do ab roll-outs using a TRX, slam ropes to the ground, and do farmer's carry with 50 lbs. I can do front planks, side planks, and saw planks. I can pull a heavy sled, balance on one leg while tossing a 10 lb. ball from side to side, and of course, bike. 

But there is one thing I still cannot do. I cannot do one standard push-up to save my life.

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment