10/1/18

Greek Sheet Pan Chicken

In 2015 and 2016, I made a new recipe a day during the month of October, and I posted here about each one. I skipped 2017, but I'm back this year doing it again! I really loved the challenge, and the best part was that I came away with many new recipes that were keepers. Check the "Labels" in the sidebar of the blog for "31 Days" posts.

My first recipe comes recommended by Katherine. She actually sent me this recipe last year and I never made it. After tasting it tonight, I am sorry I waited so long. Katherine found the recipe on a blog called Laughing Spatula.

For easy cleanup and non-stick serving, I lined my sheet pan first with foil and then with parchment paper. This recipe has more ingredients than I normally use, but it was very easy to prepare and worth it!

Greek Sheet Pan Chicken Dinner

Marinade:
3 T. olive oil
2 T. lemon juice (about 1/2 lemon squeezed)
4 garlic cloves, chopped (I used 2 t. jarred garlic)
1/2 t. salt
1/4 t. pepper
2 t. paprika
2 t. dried oregano

Veggies & Chicken:
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 red peppers, sliced
1 red onion, cut into wedges
8-10 whole garlic cloves, peeled
1 pound baby potatoes, quartered (I used small red potatoes)
1/4 cup crumbled Feta
1/4 cup kalamata olives
2 whole lemons, cut in half (I used 1 1/2 because of the 1/2 lemon in the marinade)

Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Line baking sheet if desired.
3. Combine all marinade ingredients in a small bowl with a whisk.
4. Place prepared veggies on baking sheet.
5. Place chicken around veggies.
6. Pour marinade all over veggies and chicken. Mix with your hands until all are coated.
7. Arrange mixture evenly and nestle sliced lemons around sheet pan.
8. Place in oven and roast for 30-35 minutes or until chicken reaches 165 degrees.
9. Sprinkle with crumbled feta and kalamata olives, if desired.
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment