2/12/18

Baked Ham & Swiss Sliders

I wish I had taken a photo of these little sandwiches immediately after they came out of the oven. Here, they are a day old. Everyone said they were really good! They are great for a party and so easy to make.

Baked Ham & Cheese Sliders

1/4 cup butter, melted
1 t. Dijon mustard
1 t. Worcestershire Sauce
1 t. poppy seeds
1/2 t. dried chopped onion
12 Hawaiian rolls
1/2 lb. Virginia ham or honey ham
1/2 lb. Swiss cheese (or cheddar if you prefer)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a small bowl, combine melted butter, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, poppy seeds, and dried onion. Whisk to combine.

The rolls come unsliced and attached to each other. Carefully slice the entire package of rolls from one end to the other to make one huge bun. Lift off the top part of the buns and set aside.

Place bottom half of the rolls in a 9 x 13 pan. Layer ham slices on top. Then layer cheese slices on top of the ham. Carefully place the top half of the rolls over the cheese slices.

Pour the buttery mustard mixture over the top of the buns, spreading it with a pastry brush.

Bake 15-20 minutes until cheese is melted and sliders are warmed through.

When you take the pan out of the oven, let it cool for 10 minutes, then slice into individual sandwiches.
Print Friendly and PDF

3 comments:

  1. I have been eating these since I was a kid. My dad used to make them whenever it was his turn to have poker at our house. I still make them. I think they are even better the second day :) They are so good. Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so easy to make! Wish I had known about these when the kids were growing up. I would have made them all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I make them, too! I found the original recipe too salty, so I use 1/2 unsalted & 1/2 salted butter in the topping, low-salt ham off the bone, and lower sodium cheese.

    ReplyDelete