10/21/15

Cake Pops

I've always wanted to make cake pops. They look so cute and taste so good.

Today I made them. I have two words to describe them: labor intensive. I won't be making them again.

They didn't turn out that great anyway. I guess this just isn't my thing. When I need cake pops in the future, I'll call my niece, Elizabeth. She makes great cake pops.

Here is the recipe anyway:

Caramel Cashew Cake Pops

1 package chocolate cake mix
3/4 cup canned dulce de leche
48 lollipop sticks
2 1/2 pounds milk chocolate candy coating, coarsely chopped
Chopped cashews


Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions, using a greased 13 x 9 inch baking pan. Cool completely on a wire rack.

Crumble cake into a large bowl. Add dulce de leche and mix well. Shape into 1-inch balls. Place on baking sheets; insert sticks. Freeze for at least 2 hours or refrigerate for at least 3 hours.

In a microwave, melt candy coating. Dip each cake ball in coating; allow excess to drip off. Coat with cashews. Insert cake pops into a foam block to stand. Let stand until set.

Notes: I couldn't find anything called dulce de leche, so I used caramel flavored sweetened condensed milk. I didn't have any cashews, so I used peanuts. I did not make all 48. I stopped at 12.



Print Friendly and PDF

3 comments:

  1. Oh well! At least you gave it a go! How did they taste?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They tasted fine, but Don and I don't need the extra calories so we dropped them off for one of our tenants to enjoy.

      Delete
  2. Ha ha! I'd be glad to make you cake pops anytime! :D

    ReplyDelete