10/20/15

Baked Chicken Risotto

Carolyn gave me this cookbook last year for my birthday. I love it because all the recipes can be made in 30 minutes or less.

To use up the leftover rotisserie chicken from Sunday, I selected Baked Chicken Risotto for dinner last night. Don didn't care for the artichokes - he left them all on his plate. I didn't have this until today at lunch because I went out for dinner last night. It was yummy! I ate all my artichokes.

Baked Chicken Risotto

1 T. butter
1 cup minced sweet onion
2 garlic cloves, pressed
1 cup Arborio rice (short grain)
1/4 cup dry white wine
4 cups chicken broth
1 (14 oz.) can quartered artichoke hearts, drained
3 cups chopped cooked chicken
2 medium zucchini, coarsely chopped
1/2 t. freshly ground pepper
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1 t. lemon zest

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat; add onion and garlic, and saute 5 minutes. Add rice, and cook, stirring often, 2 minutes. Add wine and cok 2-3 minutes or until wine is absorbed. Add chicken broth. Bring to a boil, cover, and transfer to oven. Bake 20 minutes.

Remove rice from oven and stir in artichokes, chicken, zucchini and pepper. Cover and bake 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes. Stir in cheese and remaining ingredients. Serve immediately.

Notes: I chopped my artichokes a little more and I left out the zucchini. I used dried parsley flakes.




Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment:

  1. Silly Don! I also bought a copy of that cookbook for myself!

    ReplyDelete