8/13/15
RSVP
I have two pet peeves (so far) in life. I wrote about the splash of an automatically flushing toilet in 2010. Here, I am going to complain about people who do not respond to invitations.
If you get an invitation in the mail or in your email or any other way, please respond! Don't be rude. The host was nice enough to want you to come to his party, so have the decency to let him know if you are able to go.
I've noticed a trend in the rude direction in the past several years. Not that I send out that many invitations, but I talk to people.
When you get an invitation, don't throw it in a pile on your desk to be discovered four weeks later. Don't set it aside to see if something better comes up and respond at the last minute. Respond immediately. Look at your calendar and decide if you can or cannot make it.
If you can't go, or you simply don't want to go, let the hostess know right away. It's what you would want if you were throwing a party.
I'm stepping down from my soap box now. Just had to get that out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment