10/7/14

Peach Jam

The favors for Katherine & Josh's wedding were little jars of peach jam. When we first received them, I had to open one and give it a taste. It was love at first bite. I made sure to bring mine home from the reception (and Don's too) because I know he would have left his there. I collected several extras that were left on the tables as well.

I'm embarrassed to say that at our household, I single-handedly finished off at least six of these jars on my morning toast. I've never had peach jam that tasted so good.

Now that the jars are all gone, I've been craving peach jam. Nothing in the grocery store seemed to compare.


Today, at Giant Eagle, I came across a homemade jam (Miller's Country Jam) that looked promising. I bought a jar and brought it home. For my afternoon snack, I had some on an English muffin.   So disappointing. It was too sweet.

The good news is that I know where the wedding jam came from: Messmakerbaker Jams & Jellies of Convoy, Ohio. I will be placing my order very soon. Hopefully peach is still available.
Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment:

  1. Best peach jam I've ever had, hands down! I was so glad we had 5 little jars. Just finished our last one yesterday :(

    ReplyDelete