I'm listening to In Defense of Food by Michael Pollan as I drive around in my car.
Here's what I've learned so far:
There is no need to fret over the ever changing food advice that comes out of the many research studies that have taken place in the past 30 years. All you need to know is, "Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants."
Eat Food - most of what we eat these days is not really food in its natural form. It is highly processed. Eat real food. Things like eggs, butter, plain yogurt, cheese, chicken, apples, and bananas.
Not Too Much - don't super size your breakfast, dinner and lunch. Don't snack. Use small plates and stop eating before you are full. Easy enough.
Mostly Plants - start with the five fruits and vegetables a day challenge. I guarantee you will not be able to eat as much other stuff.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment