1/19/14

Do Something Creative


Break out of the mundane tasks of life and do something creative this week. Here are some suggestions to get you started:

1. Color a page from a coloring book.
2. Go for a walk and photograph all the interesting things you see.
3. Stop by the library and check out a book on a subject you know nothing about. Read the book.
4. Watch a foreign film with subtitles.
5. Spend an hour in a fabric shop.
6. Grab a stack of magazines and cut out pictures of things you think are pretty. Glue them to a piece of cardboard.
7. Plant some seeds.
8. Take $10 to a thrift store and see what you can buy.
9. Write a letter on old-fashioned stationery. Send it to an old friend.
10. Send a care package to someone.
11. Create a new Pinterest board.
12. Make a new recipe.
13. Take a self-portrait with your camera or iPhone.
14. Plan a road trip.
15. Have a technology-free day.
16. Visit your childhood home.
17. Spend $10 in the Dollar Store.
18. Visit an art museum. Take notes.
19. Go out to breakfast by yourself.
20. Watch a documentary.
Print Friendly and PDF

4 comments:

  1. I'll go with you when you visit your childhood home :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you think of these all by yourself? I'm impressed!! Everytime I go visit my childhood home I have to clean it!!! lol
    I'm going to print this for later use...love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha Ha! That's nice you can still go in it. I made some of them up and some of them I revised from a list on The Artist's Way blog.

      Delete