10/8/10

The Joy of Cleaning and Organizing

I walked into Peter's room yesterday morning to get the sheets from his bed. That's all I was going to do. All of the sudden I was bit by the cleaning and organizing bug. I went into a frenzy, and didn't stop until 2:30 in the afternoon.

It truly brings me joy to clean and organize. I love to sort through things and get rid of the non-essential items. This is tricky when doing it for another person. I didn't get rid of anything Peter owned unless it was clearly trash. I made a pile in another room for him to go through and let me know what he wanted to keep and what he didn't want anymore.

Mostly, I sorted and grouped. I put all his golf books together and all his golf balls together. Because of the librarian in me, I organized his books into fiction and non-fiction. I didn't go so far as to put them in alphabetical order by author. At least not in a teenage boy's room.

I left his bulletin board intact, but I replaced a bulky coat rack behind his door with a strip of wood with hooks I found at Target. I replaced the photo of him from when he was four years old with some current pictures.

It was fun. I know it won't stay this way for long, but it gave me great satisfaction. Anyone out there need someone to come over and clean and organize?
Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment:

  1. Yes! If you want a challenging project, we can work on TJ's room? BTW, what was Peter's reaction? Did you tell him ahead of time you were going to do this?

    ReplyDelete