It's time to clean out the closet. Spring/summer clothes out and fall/winter clothes in. It's also time to weed (I borrowed that term from my librarian vocabulary) the wardrobe. It's so hard to let go. Even if I didn't wear that shirt all season, I still like the way it looks on the hanger.
I came across an article recently that I think will revolutionize my closet. It was an interview with actress Jamie Lee Curtis. She is an organizing machine. She said to imagine you are going on a two week vacation. Take everything out of your closet that you will pack. Obviously you will pick your favorite outfits. Everything that does not come out of the closet gets donated to friends, family and charitable organizations. Or if you want to make some money, sold at a consignment store. Do this twice a year (a pretend summer vacation and a pretend winter vacation).
Now the hard part...don't add anything new without taking something out. Suitcases are only so big. And if you travel with Don, you only get a carry-on bag (but that's another story).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Oh my gosh, that is a fabulous idea!!! Now if I can just employ it.
ReplyDelete