Don finished rebuilding the tree fort in 2024, but according to my sister-in-law, Pam, we never had a proper Opening Day celebration. I'm giving her all the credit for spearheading this fun day with the grandkids. First, she ordered this amazing banner for the kids to run through on their way to the newly decorated tree fort.Watch this video to the end to see little Noah try his best to smash through after watching the older kids do it.
Grandpa led the way to the place in the woods where his architectural creation awaited.
Even the littlest ones wanted to climb up to the top.
Inside the house, we strung lights, put up a chalkboard, and hung a Guardian's flag. You can barely see the fly swatter on the right, and there is also a thermometer shaped like a gnome. I meant to get a photo of all the kids sitting inside, but I forgot!
Marina was the first to cross the rope bridge. She's gotten pretty good with heights from taking gymnastics class for several years.
Ezra and Gavin tried out the saucer swing we added this year.
The kids spent about an hour climbing and testing out their new skills.
Tim was our swag bag caddy.
Pam had fun picking out chalk, squirt guns, snacks, jump ropes, and other summer toys to go in the bags.
What a fun day for the grandkids! I'm sure they will want to spend some more time out in the woods this summer.
I was there but didn't make it into any of the photos for some reason.
We missed Peter, Kendall, and Reese, who couldn't make it.
No comments:
Post a Comment