Life with a puppy can wear you out, especially when you are home alone with him for many days. That was me the last two weeks of February. Don had to be out of town for 10 days with only one day at home in between the two trips.
I think he was feeling bad about that, so he said I needed a vacation for myself. He sent me to Florida on my own for 5 days. This was a new experience. I had never gone on a solo vacation before. I'm an introvert, so the aloneness didn't bother me one bit. But relying on Don's navigation skills all these years frightened me. To go, I had to put my big girl pants on and lay my mental breadcrumbs wherever I went.
Why are there two extra people in the photo above? My long-time friends, Peggy and Patty, were vacationing in the area at the same time, so we were able to get together. I loved spending time with them and also having some time to myself.



I predict there will be more solo trips in your future!
ReplyDelete