I put this together on Saturday afternoon and baked it up on Sunday morning. It was a hit!
Overnight Baked French Toast
Ingredients:
2 T. butter (for greasing the pan and serving on top)
1 loaf challah bread (preferably stale). I put six slices in the oven for 5 minutes while I was cooking something else.
1 1/2 cups whole milk
3 large eggs
1 t. vanilla
salt to taste
2 T. sugar and 1/2 t. cinnamon
Optional toppings:
1 T. sugar and 1/2 t. cinnamon mixed together
Maple syrup
Powdered sugar
Toasted pecans or walnuts
Fresh berries
Directions:
Butter the bottom and sides of a 9" x 13" pan.
Line the pan with six slices of bread.
In a medium bowl or large measuring cup, whisk together the milk, eggs, vanilla, salt, 2 T. sugar, and 1/2 t. cinnamon.
Pour the mixture over the bread, then cover with plastic wrap and chill overnight (or up to 24 hours).
In the morning, remove the pan from the refrigerator while the oven is preheating to 350 degrees.
Bake uncovered until puffy and golden (40-45 minutes).
Serve warm, accompanied by any optional toppings you prefer.




No comments:
Post a Comment