10/1/25

October Recipe-A-Day

 

In 2015, I wrote a series of blog posts in October called "31 Days of New Recipes." During that challenge, I discovered some new recipes that I still use today. One of my favorites is Tomato Pumpkin Bisque.

It was difficult to keep up with a recipe a day, especially when I tried to do it on the fly. This time, I have gotten a head start on cooking new recipes, which I will post in October. There will be days when I want to post additional fun things, but I will do two posts on those days. I'll try not to miss a day, so check in regularly.


October 1

Soft & Thick Snickerdoodles

Cookie Ingredients:
3 cups all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
2 t. cream of tartar
1 t. baking soda
1 and 1/2 t. ground cinnamon
1/2 t. salt
1 cup (two sticks) unsalted butter (softened)
1 and 1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg + 1 large egg yolk at room temperature
2 t. vanilla
1 t. ground cinnamon

Topping Ingredients:
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 t. cinnamon

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line two large cookie sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.

Make the topping: Combine 1/3 cup granulated sugar and 1 t. cinnamon in a small bowl.

Make the cookies: Whisk the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt together in a medium bowl.

In a large bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the butter and granulated sugar together on high speed until smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes. Add egg, egg yolk, and vanilla extract. Beat on medium-high speed until combined. Scrape down the sides and up the bottom of the bowl with a rubber spatula as needed. With the mixer running on low speed, slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in 3 different parts. The dough will be thick.

Roll cookie dough into balls, about 1.5 Tablespoons of cookie dough each, using a medium scoop. Roll the dough balls in the cinnamon-sugar topping. Arrange 3 inches apart on baking sheets.

Bake cookies for 10 minutes. The cookies will be very puffy and soft. When they are still very warm, lightly press down on them with the back of a spoon to flatten them out. Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.

Cookies remain soft & fresh for 7 days in an airtight container at room temperature. Makes about 2 dozen cookies. They are so good!!

Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment:

  1. Snickerdoodles are Butch's favorite cookie, but unfortunately he will only eat the "traditional" recipe which makes thin cookies...a little soft in the middle, but crispy on the edges! Personally, I like softer ones.

    ReplyDelete