I found this recipe years ago in a Paula Dean magazine. I don't know why I never tried it before. All the people who tasted these (Don, our community group, and my friend Doug, whom I visit in an assisted living facility) said they were delicious. The unique thing about them is that there are two different kinds of raisins in them: golden and dark. The only thing I didn't like was that the batter was rather sticky, and the recipe makes fewer than two dozen cookies.
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Ingredients:
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1 large egg
1/2 t. vanilla extract
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 t. baking soda
1/4 t. ground cinnamon
1/8 t. salt
1 cup old-fashioned oats
1/2 cup golden raisins
1/2 cup dark raisins
2 T granulated sugar (for flattening the cookies)
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, beat butter and brown sugar with a mixer at medium speed until creamy, 2-3 minutes, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Beat in egg and vanilla until combined.
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. With the mixer on low speed, gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, beating just until combined. Fold in oats and raisins.
Scoop dough by heaping tablespoonfuls, and roll into balls (I wore disposable gloves for this - very sticky). Place balls 2 inches apart on prepared pans. Slightly flatten cookies using the bottom of a glass dipped in granulated sugar (tap a cookie to get it a little sticky first).
Bake until lightly browned, 10-12 minutes. Let cool on pans for 5 minutes. Remove from pans, and let cool completely on wire racks. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.



No comments:
Post a Comment