9/12/25

Favorite Books

 

I was listening to a podcast yesterday called "From the Front Porch" hosted by Annie B. Jones. She talked about her top ten books of all time. I found it interesting because I had read five of them. Two of them would be on my "favorite books" list.

I could not find a "favorite books" list on my blog, so I decided to create one today. I have loved all of these books. This doesn't mean you will love all of these books. In fact, I recently read a book and told Kendall it was a five-star book. Her response was, "Then I probably won't like it." I agreed. She probably wouldn't. 

In no particular order, here are 25 of my favorite books:

A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith (1943)

A Place for Us by Fatima Farheen Mirza (2019)

The Correspondent by Virginia Evans (2025)

The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah (2015)

I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith (1949)

Gilead by Marilynne Robinson (2004)

Mrs. Mike by Benedict and Nancy Feedman (1947)

Crying in H-Mart by Michelle Zauner (2021)

A Grief Observed by C. S. Lewis (1961)

Mere Christianity by C. S. Lewis (1952)

The Remains of the Day by Kazuo Ishiguro (1989)

Cold Sassy Tree by Olive Ann Burns (1984)

Anne of Green Gables by L. M. Montgomery (1908)

The Chosen by Chaim Potok (1967)

84 Charing Cross Road by Helene Hanff (1970)

Watership Down by Richard Adams (1972)

About Alice by Calvin Trillin (2006)

Where the Red Fern Grows by Wilson Rawls (1961)

Seabiscuit by Laura Hillenbrand (1999)

Brown Girl Dreaming by Jacqueline Woodson (2014)

The Water is Wide by Pat Conroy (1972)

Honey for a Child's Heart by Gladys Hunt (2001)

Nobody Will Tell You This But Me by Bess Kalb (2021)

When I Lay My Isaac Down by Carol Kent (2004)

Columbine by Dave Cullen (2009)

Print Friendly and PDF

2 comments: