These might be the best cookies I've ever made. I know that's a bold statement, but they were so easy to pull together and the shape and texture of them were incredible. Usually, my cookies come out flat or mushy in the middle. These were perfect! I can't take credit for the recipe. I got it from Half Baked Harvest. I can't find the recipe on the website, but here it is:
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 t. baking soda
1 t. salt
1 cup canola oil or melted coconut oil (use a little more if the dough seems too dry)
2 large eggs
4 t. vanilla extract
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips or chocolate chunks + more if desired
Directions:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with a Silpat or parchment paper.
In a large mixing bowl or bowl of a stand mixer add the oatmeal, flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking soda, salt, canola oil, eggs, and vanilla, beat until the dough is moist and all the ingredients are combined. The dough will be crumbly. Mix in the chocolate chips.
Using your hands clump together a tablespoon of dough. Use your hands to really squeeze the dough into a ball. If the mixture is not holding together add 1 tablespoon more of oil. Place on prepared baking sheet.
If the balls are crumbly, don't worry, they will come together while baking. Repeat with the remaining dough.
Bake for 10-12 minutes or until set and golden.



I should have guessed they were from Tieghan. She's my favorite!
ReplyDelete