8/14/23

Carrot Bundt Cake

 

For Gavin's birthday party, Heidi asked me to bring along a bundt cake for brunch. I wanted to make something new, so I searched for a recipe and came up with this one from Taste of Home. Everyone seemed to enjoy it. I made it with the canola oil it calls for, but next time I want to try switching it to healthier olive oil and see if that works, especially since the cake uses so much oil.

Carrot Bundt Cake

2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups canola oil
4 large eggs, room temperature
2 t. vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
1 t. ground cinnamon
3 cups finely shredded carrots (about 6 medium)
1 cup chopped walnuts

Frosting

1 package (8 ounces) of cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup butter, softened
3 cups confectioners' sugar

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 10-inch bundt pan.

Beat the first 4 ingredients until well blended. Whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon; gradually beat into sugar mixture. Stir in carrots and walnuts.

Transfer to prepared pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 50-60 minutes. Cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack, cool completely.

For frosting, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar. Spread over cake.
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment