Rating: 4
Mystery and Suspense
A talented black violinist growing up in rural North Carolina doesn't think he has much of a chance to succeed in the world of music. But a college professor sees potential in him and takes him under her wing. At the same time, Ray finds out that the beat-up violin his grandmother gave him is actually a Stradivarius worth $10,000,000. As he prepares for a world-renowned classical music competition, his violin is stolen. The mystery involves who might have taken it. There were many characters who had motives. Being black in the classical music world, Ray endured racial prejudice and had to overcome many obstacles. As a debut novel, the writing was a little simplistic and predictable. However, I thought the story was enjoyable, and I liked Ray very much as a character. I think it is worth a read!



No comments:
Post a Comment