8/11/22

The Family

 

The Family by Naomi Krupitsky

Rating: 4

Suspense

I wasn't sure how to classify this book. Amazon says it is a thriller, but I don't read thrillers, and I wasn't scared while reading it. I would describe it as a mild version of The Godfather. Yes, I read The Godfather - in high school. That was a thriller. 

Two girls, Sofia and Antonia, are connected from the time they are born. They live next door to each other, and their bedroom walls are close enough that they can talk to each other through them. Their families are part of the Brooklyn mafia known as "The Family." The Family gets together every Sunday for dinner and the men discuss "business" that needs to take place that week.

Then one day, Antonia's father disappears and Sofia's father may have had something to do with it. The girls drift apart as they grow into young women, wives, and mothers. But their bond cannot be broken. When one of them is in dire need of help, the other will not let her down.

This book kept my attention! It's hard to believe things like this really happened. Maybe are still happening?
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment