8/18/19

Pepe Le Pew, etc.

Some news from the homefront:

1. Pepe Le Pew has moved into our neighborhood. A couple of weeks ago, I smelled a skunk in our driveway. A few days later, I saw a skunk in the side yard. On Friday, he was in the front yard when I took Riley out to pee around 10:00 p.m. Thankfully Riley was on a leash or Pepe's Pew would have been all over him.

Upon examination, it looks like the skunk is digging little holes in our yard to get grubs. So Don went to the store yesterday and purchased grub killer. He also hooked up a very bright floodlight to light up our yard. Apparently, the floodlight has not deterred the skunk because when I came up the driveway this morning at 6:30 a.m., Pepe was in the yard with the light shining on him. I am not sure, but I think he might have smirked at me.

2. The reason I was coming up my driveway this morning at 6:30 a.m. is because I took Uncle Danny and Aunt Cladia to the airport for their flight back to Phoenix. They were here for two weeks, staying partially at our house and partially at my brother, Mike's house. Daniel and Heidi hosted a family cookout one night while they were here. Uncle Danny loved going to the annual Lebanese Festival at Our Lady of the Cedars Church where he got to see many friends. He had a good time golfing with some buddies and going to lots of breakfasts, lunches, and dinners. I think they visited with every friend they had not seen since they moved last September.

3. Last Saturday, Crystal's daughter, Bailey, got married. The reception was a lot of fun because we had a little reunion with some of the couples we used to go to church with. We still go to church with some of them but at a new church now. The mother of the bride is front and center.

4. Lucy has been hanging out with us again. She is right at home with her ball and a bed.

5.  I have only read a few books this summer: The Woman in Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware (Rating: 3), Coming Clean by Kimberly Rae Miller (Rating: 3), and From Scratch by Tembi Locke (Rating: 4). I would definitely recommend From Scratch. It's a beautiful memoir about love, loss, and Sicilian culture.

6. On a sad note, Kendall's grandpa passed away this week at the age of 87. Here, he is giving marital advice to the young couple...words I am sure they will always remember.

Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment:

  1. Crystal looks stunning! The last photo of Kendall and her grandpa is so sweet...sniff, sniff.

    ReplyDelete