9/16/18

A List of Memoirs to Read

I love a good memoir, so I am going to try to read one a month. Real life stories give me insights into the human condition in general, they remind me that no life is without its turbulent times and troubles, and they often encourage me as I read about the person's courage and resilience.

Here's a list of some that are on my list:

I am, I am, I am: Seventeen Brushes with Death by Maggie O'Farrell

Educated: a Memoir by Tara Westover

Night by Elie Wiesel

A Moveable Feast by Ernest Hemingway

Smoke Gets in Your Eyes: And Other Lessons from the Crematory by Caitlin Doughty

Brain on Fire: My Month of Madness by Susannah Cahalan

You Learn by Living: Eleven Keys for a More Fulfilling Life by Eleanor Roosevelt

My Own Two Feet by Beverly Cleary

The Kids are All Right: A Memoir by Diana Welch and Liz Welch

In Pieces by Sally Field

Whiskey in a Teacup: What Growing up in the South Taught Me About Life, Love, and Baking Biscuits by Reese Witherspoon
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment