5/19/18

I Better Be Good

By the looks of my breakfast, you can tell that I am back on the straight and narrow road.

I got the results of my bloodwork back yesterday, and yes, my blood sugar is higher than it should be. Fortunately, it is not as high as I thought it would be! But I know when I see my doctor next Friday I'm going to be given strict orders. So I am getting a head start.

There is no excuse not to eat this way. It took me a whole 10 minutes to cook my eggs and kale. Well, it would have taken me 10 minutes, but I burned the kale two times because I was distracted by the Royal Wedding this morning.

You, too, can have kale for breakfast. Here's how (from Cassy Joy Garcia at Fed & Fit):

Lemony Kale

A handful of kale (de-stemmed and chopped)
A little lemon juice
A pinch of salt
A little butter or olive oil

Melt the butter in a small frying pan. Add kale and toss to coat. Turn heat down to low and cover the pan with a lid. Let it steam for a few minutes. Watch so it doesn't burn.

When the kale is bright green, squeeze a little lemon and pinch a little salt on top. That's it!
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment