Five Stars
I know that everyone's taste in books is different, so I don't expect my five-star rated books to be the same as anyone else's. I've started tracking the books I read on Good Reads, so I need to figure out what deserves five stars.
Here is my rating system going forward:
* One Star - I abandoned the book before I began reading it
** Two Stars - I abandoned the book between pages 50 and 100 because life is too short
*** Three Stars - I enjoyed the book enough to finish it, but nothing stood out as spectacular. I would not recommend the book to anyone. The book would be promptly donated to the next library book sale.
**** Four Stars - The book kept my interest to the end. It was very well written, and I would recommend it to friends and family. I might donate it to the next book sale or pass it along to someone who might enjoy it as well.
***** Five Stars - The book gripped me emotionally. I could not put it down. It was a real page-turner. It was extremely well-written. I will think about it long after I finish it. I may re-read it even though life is short. It will remain on my bookshelf forever. I will tell everyone, "You have to read this book!"



No comments:
Post a Comment