I spent half the day making cinnamon rolls for my love.
Now, you know I only make recipes with five ingredients or less. So making these cinnamon rolls was a real expression of my love. This recipe called for about 25 ingredients and it took me five hours - not to mention two loads in the dishwasher.
These are Katherine's famous Blue Door Bakery cinnamon rolls which are really Aunt Kathy's Cinnamon Rolls from Candace Nelson's Sprinkles cookbook. Katherine made them so many times this summer for the market that she can make the recipe in her sleep.
You'll have to get the book for the recipe. It's too long to post here.
Trust me when I say that Don was in heaven when he ate not one, but two of these cinnamon rolls after dinner. If it weren't for the stick and a half of butter in the six rolls, he would have eaten the entire pan.
The recipe makes three pans of six buns. (The pan on the far left has 12 buns because I cut that log before reading the directions).
There are Sprinkles bakeries in nine states (including Texas), specifically Austin, where we will be next week. This shop will be on our sight-seeing list because I want to get a cupcake from a Cupcake ATM.
I will most definitely make these cinnamon rolls again for special occasions like Christmas morning or Don's birthday or if I host a brunch. They are well worth the effort!



No comments:
Post a Comment