10/18/15

White Cheddar-Horseradish Baseball

When I first saw this cookbook, I thought of Peter. He loves cheese balls and he loves creating things. He would love this.

As I looked through Great Balls of Cheese, I tried to find a cheese ball that didn't take too many ingredients and one that Don would like.

He likes horseradish, and he likes baseball, so that is how I chose this particular cheese ball for today.

White Cheddar-Horseradish Baseball

2 cups shredded extra-sharp white cheddar cheese
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
3 T. prepared horseradish
1/2 t. fresh lemon juice
Dash Worcestershire sauce
Coarse salt, to taste
1 red bell pepper, for decorating

Using a stand mixer, mix together the cheddar cheese, horseradish, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, and salt. Form the mixture into a ball, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least two hours or overnight.

Slice the bell pepper into thin strips, then cut into pieces to look like baseball laces. Pat the pepper pieces dry with a paper towl. When ready to serve, put the ball on a platter and arrange the red pepper pieces to look like laces.

Serve with crackers.

Don says my laces are too big.
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment