8/11/15

Looneyspoons

I spent the past two days in Columbus with my friend Crystal. Each August, for six years now, we have made a trek to visit our friend Linda. Each time we go, we leave home around 8 a.m., meet Linda at a restaurant, have a long lunch to catch up, then Crystal and I shop until about 5 p.m.

The past two years we have just gone back to our hotel room, opened a bottle of wine, ate cheese and crackers, and talked until we fell asleep. This morning, we got up, had a leisurely breakfast in the hotel and then drove to Easton to shop some more! We were home by 4 p.m.

One of my purchases today at Barnes & Noble was a cookbook called The Looneyspoons Collection by Janet & Greta Podleski. I had never heard of these two sisters, but as soon as I opened the cookbook, I knew I had to buy it. The subtitle of the book is "Good Food, Good Health, Good Fun!"

Apparently, this collection of recipes comes from three of their other cookbooks: Looneyspoons, Crazy Plates, and Eat, Shrink and be Merry! plus some new recipes.

What I love about this cookbook is that it is fun to read. Every page has extra tips and tidbits plus funny cartoons. The illustrations just make you want to get in the kitchen and cook.

I'm glad I have my own copy, but if you want to check it out, the Cuyahoga County Public Library has it.
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment