Today was the first day of school for me. I didn't have to worry about what I was going to wear because my class is completely online. I applied and was accepted to Moody Bible Institute, and I am hoping to complete a certificate in biblical studies within a couple of years. The program consists of seven 8-week classes. I doubt if I will ever take more than one class at a time because now that I've found out how much reading and work is involved, it will overwhelm me.
So how does an online class work? I am finding that out as I go.
We have a "classroom" called "Blackboard" where the students in my class have been introducing themselves. The age range of students in the class is from 18 to about my age. So far there are 11 of us from all over the U.S. Our professor lives in the Pacific Northwest.
The professor posted our requirements for the entire 8-week course on Blackboard. This is nice because I can work ahead if I have the chance. Our grade consists of reading, doing assignments and interacting with other students by posting our thoughts on questions the professor gives us.
The first class I'm taking is called New Testament II. We cover all the books of the New Testament except the four gospels and Acts. I'll have to pick up New Testament I next session. I signed up halfway through the semester.
I'm very excited to dig deep into the Scriptures with these fellow students and our professor. When I'm finished with my certificate requirements, I hope to be better prepared to lead Bible studies at church and with anyone else who wants to learn more about the Bible.



No comments:
Post a Comment