10/14/14

Leftover Pumpkin Puree


Whenever I make Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies (my family's favorite), I have leftover pumpkin puree. Most of the time it gets tossed in the garbage can because I never know what to do with it.

How about putting it in a smoothie? I saw this great recipe on the 100 Days of Real Food Facebook page today:

Pumpkin Pie Green Smoothie

2 Ripe Bananas
1 cup fresh spinach leaves
1/2 cup milk
1/3 cup pumpkin puree
1/3 cup plain yogurt
1/8 t. cinnamon

That's one way to use up the pumpkin. But here are some more ways to enjoy pumpkin during pumpkin season:

From The Kitchn - 10 Smart Ways to Use Leftover Canned Pumpkin Puree

From Chow  - 17 Recipes to Make with Leftover Pumpkin Puree

From Home Cooking Memories - 100 + Ways to Use Leftover Canned Pumpkin

From Simple Bites - 23 Ways to Use Up Leftover Pumpkin Puree

From Food Network - 50 Canned Pumpkin Recipes

Who knew there were so many ways! I'll never throw away the leftovers again.
Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this because I happen to have some leftover pumpkin puree in the refrigerator right now and I was trying to figure out what to do with it!

    ReplyDelete