8/25/14
The Plank
While recovering from my slipped disc, I did many exercises to strengthen my core muscles. One of those exercises was the plank. I did regular planks and side planks almost every day. I was determined to heal my back, so I was diligent.
After weeks of planks, I noticed something. My abdominal muscles were getting very strong. Of course when my back started feeling better, I abandoned the plank routine.
There are many 30-Day Plank Challenges online which encourage you to increase your hold time by five seconds a day. But I think the simplest plank plan is to get into the proper position and just hold the plank for as long as you can. As soon as you start to feel yourself losing control of the proper position, stop. Do this three times a day. You will naturally get stronger over time and be able to hold the plank longer.
The key is to stay in the proper position. You might only be able to hold it for 5 seconds at first, but don't give up. You'll be amazed at how quickly your strength will build.
Plank routine re-start date for me is September 15.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment