Thursday, July 27, 2017

Maple-Bacon Pork Tenderloin

Oh how I need help with my food photography! But just because the food doesn't LOOK that appetizing doesn't mean it won't taste great.

I got this recipe from one of the cookbooks in my library stack. Unfortunately, I can't remember which book it was, and the book title was not printed on the bottom of the copied page.

Don and I are used to having a very simple pork tenderloin. I usually just sprinkle plenty of garlic salt on top and roast it for 35 minutes at 450 degrees. This was a huge diversion. Instead of being a savory pork, it was a sweet pork.

Maple-Bacon Pork Tenderloin

1 (1.5 lb.) pork tenderloin
1 t. garlic powder
1 t. paprika
1 t. sea salt
1/2 t. black pepper
4 slices bacon

For the sauce:
1/4 cup maple syrup
3 T. water
2 T. molasses
1/8 t. chili powder
1/8 t. sea salt

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.

In a small bowl, mix together garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper. Pat the pork dry and rub the seasoning mix all over, pressing into the meat.

In a large saute pan over medium heat, cook bacon until crispy. Remove from pan and set aside on paper towel.

In same pan over medium-high heat, sear the pork on all sides in the bacon fat, about 2 minutes per side (8 minutes total).

Place the seared pork on the lined baking sheet and put it in the oven to roast for 12-15 minutes (internal temperature 145 degrees).

Remove pork from oven and tent with foil to rest for about 5 minutes.

Make sauce by placing sauce ingredients in same saute pan over low heat for about 5 minutes, until thickened. Chop cooked bacon into small pieces and add to sauce.

Pour sauce over pork, slice and serve.

2 comments:

  1. hahaha...I think a partial side shot at countertop level would have been better. I won't even tell you what I thought this looked like at first glance! Oh my!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It looks like a big piece of poo! No one is going to try this recipe :(

      Delete