Thursday, May 11, 2017

Food Prep Day #1

One of the most important things you can do to eat a healthy diet is to prepare foods ahead of time. I've been studying up on this topic for awhile, and I've established a few make-ahead items that I've been able to get ready on the weekends for the week ahead. I hope to have a few more Prep Day go-to dishes in the future. Here are four ways to get started:

1. Make a soup. I cooked this chicken-artichoke soup in the crockpot on Sunday afternoon, and I ate it for lunch Monday-Wednesday.


2. Boil some eggs. For the two of us, I usually boil six eggs for the week. Don will just grab one and go where I will add one or two to a salad for lunch.


3. Grill or bake some chicken. This is my favorite way to add protein to a salad or just eat with rice and veggies for a quick dinner. I love having it handy in the refrigerator.

4. Bake some oatmeal. I make a pan of this oatmeal and it lasts four or five days. I cut a slice and warm it up in the microwave for about 30 seconds. Makes a great breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment