Friday, May 12, 2017

Mother's Day Story - Daniel

I have unique birth stories for all of my children, so it was hard to decide which one to write here. I chose Daniel first because I found this photo when I went looking in my archives.

I gave birth to Daniel one month before I turned 32. Katherine was just two years old.

The day before Daniel was born, it was Christmas day, and I remember being at Don's parents' house sitting in a recliner with my feet up hoping I'd have a baby within a few days.

Daniel was due to be born on December 16, but that day had come and gone. I was worried because my doctor was on vacation from December 17 through December 25, and I did not want a stranger delivering my baby.

I now believe in mind over matter, because I somehow held that baby in until the 26th when Dr. Izanec was due back to work.

I woke up on Wednesday, December 26 in labor, and I was at the hospital by 8:00 a.m. I didn't even let Dr. Izanec sleep in.

With Katherine and Daniel, I gave birth naturally - aka no epidural. And thankfully Daniel came out within three hours. Apparently he had been "holding it" for quite awhile, because the first thing he did, after exiting the womb, was spray the labor & delivery nurse in the face.

They placed him in a baby-sized stocking since he was a late Christmas gift. He looked so adorable there. He weighed in at 8 lb. 3 oz. A cute little bundle of Christmas joy.

1 comment:

  1. Such a cute photo of Daniel in the stocking. I've never seen that one before!

    ReplyDelete