Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos

I know...I need work on my food photography!

I was listening to back shows of the Sorta Awesome podcast and heard about this easy recipe that I had to try. It has only seven ingredients and all you do is put them in the slow cooker. My kind of recipe!

I made the Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos tonight and served it over rice. If I hadn't had to run out the door, I would have added some black beans on top of the rice. For sure next time. Don and I both enjoyed this tasty dish.

One tip: chop the chipotle chilis into a very small dice to spread the heat around. I had a fire in my chest for about 15 minutes after chewing a pretty big chunk.

Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos

2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs (I used two packages of 6 thighs)
4 t. jarred minced garlic (found in the produce section)
1/2 cup salsa
1-2 t. chipotle chilis in adobo, chopped (found in hispanic foods aisle)
1 T. chili powder
1 t. salt
1/2 t. pepper

Directions:
Put chicken in the bottom of a slow cooker. Top with remaining ingredients. Stir to combine.
Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.
Shred chicken with two forks and serve alongside your favorite taco fixings such as rice and beans, limes, cilantro, cheese, salsa, guacamole or avocados. You can use taco shells (hard or soft) if you like.

You can double this recipe for a party...or cut it in half if it is just two of you. Freezes well.

No comments:

Post a Comment