Thursday, April 20, 2017

A Makover of Peter's Room

With Peter moving out and getting married, he left me no choice but to do another re-decorating project here at home. I've been working on it for several months, but it all came together just before the Easter weekend because he and Kendall were coming to say, and I wanted them to enjoy the finished product.

To start, I painted the walls a color that is in a couple of other rooms in the house (kitchen and guest bedroom). The paint color is Sherwin Williams Prairie Grass (SW 7546). Depending on the light, it either looks light olive green or a nice shade of tan.

I bought the quilt at West Elm on Kendall's recommendation. She and Peter got the exact one only in white for a wedding gift, and they love it. The lamp and pillows are from Target, and the mirror is from Home Goods. The canvas, pouf stool, and side table are from Pier 1.

Here is a shot of the other side of the room. You can see the lovely painted book shelf from an earlier post. Hanging between the windows is a butterfly that Peter made in high school art class. I've always loved it. It is painted on cloth, so I pressed it between glass in one of those floating frames.

The color scheme is cream, gold and touches of red. I bought the desk at Pottery Barn and the chair at Pier 1. I love the way it all turned out.

One last angle so you can see the rug and little bulletin board I hung on the other wall. I plan to buy some Roman shades for the windows in the near future.

1 comment:

  1. It turned out great! I'm assuming all those books are an overflow from your collection?

    ReplyDelete