Sunday, March 19, 2017

So Don Won't Starve

Don always tells me I don't need to worry about what he's going to eat while I'm gone. He says there's plenty of food. Well, if I don't make the food, I'm not sure where it is going to come from. He'd have to eat out or starve.

And it's not enough for me to just make the food and put it in the refrigerator because he won't see it. When he opens the refrigerator door, he zones in on the things he usually eats and ignores the rest. I have to tell him what is there.

Sometimes I feel like Mrs. Claus who admonishes her husband, Santa, to "Eeaaat!" I have to fatten him up.

So this time, I labeled everything in the refrigerator with bright green tape so he can't miss the Chicken & Rice, and Chicken & Stuffing, and Pepperoni Bread, and the deli salads and Corned Beef. I even labeled the hard-boiled eggs so he'd get a laugh.

Yes, I take care of my husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment