Monday, March 27, 2017

Garlic Grater


We are in Naples with Kendall and Peter this week, and yesterday, we ventured to Marco Island in the afternoon for a seafood and craft festival. One of the craft booths was selling something called a garlic grater. It is basically a small, pretty plate with some ridges in the center. The plates are made in Spain.

A nice gentleman was demonstrating how to use the garlic grater, and we were captivated. Don looked over at us and said, "she's going to buy." How'd he know? There was a quantity discount, so I got one for myself, Katherine, Heidi and Kendall.

The plates come with a garlic peeler, a small brush for removing the garlic from the plate, and the plate itself. The garlic grater can also be used to grate hard cheeses like Romano and Parmesan as well as ginger and chocolate.

You can see videos of the same man demonstrating this tool at I See Spain - his website.

I'm so excited. I'll never have to clean another garlic press the rest of my life!

2 comments:

  1. I bought one of these at the Home and Flower show one year. I love it!

    ReplyDelete