Tuesday, February 7, 2017

A New Way to Make Chicken


This is going to be my new "go to" chicken breast recipe. I found the instructions on the Kitchn. I just realized a few minutes ago that I used waxed paper instead of parchment paper, and I'm very lucky it didn't catch fire in my oven.

The trick is to butter the baking dish and also butter one side of the parchment paper so the chicken doesn't stick and it stays very moist. You can also cut up some lemons and put some herbs in there too for more flavor.

Basic instructions:

Heat oven to 400 degrees. Butter baking dish and one side of parchment paper. If chicken breasts are too thick, use a meat mallet to tenderize and flatten them. Use as many chicken breasts as you want.

Put chicken breasts in baking dish and sprinkle with salt, pepper and any other seasoning you like.

Cover the chicken with parchment paper (butter side down). Tuck the edges into the pan and press parchment paper down so it is snug around the chicken.

Bake about 30 minutes or until internal temperature is 165 degrees.

1 comment:

  1. This is so interesting! I'll have to try it!!!
    HJR

    ReplyDelete