Monday, January 30, 2017

The Things We Keep

I've had a treasure chest of stuff on the top shelf of my closet for years. I just took it down to see what was inside. It was a conglomeration from birth through the mid-1990's. Here are a few things I found:

A hand-drawn birthday card from Daniel. It was one of many he drew for me over the years. So cute!

A sheet of postage stamps from the Republic of Chad featuring Jackie Kennedy. I purchased them on a whim in 1998.

A sheet of four uncut dollar bills from our visit to the U.S. Bureau of Engraving and Printing in Washington D. C.  I have three of these. One for each child.

The emblem from my grade school uniform at Immaculate Conception School.

Tickets to Disneyland, The Gong Show, The Newlywed Game and The Tonight Show from my trip to California in 1978.

Leftover business cards from my first job out of college.

A Ziploc bag containing Peter's baby teeth. There aren't very many because he liked to fool the tooth fairy and dispose of his teeth before she realized he lost one.

A letter from my cousin Kathy from the 1960's. She was on vacation with her family in Canada.

An emblem from my cheerleading sweater - "Cards" is short for Cardinals.

A bracelet my grandfather (Jido) brought back from Lebanon for me in the early 1970's.

Booties from when I was a baby.

My mom's watch. She sure had a small wrist.

A note from Katherine tucked underneath a bunch of cotton balls in a hand-made box.

3 comments:

  1. Priceless treasures! I have the matching bracelet :) Did you actually go to any of those shows?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we went to all of them. Stood in long lines!

      Delete
  2. The Jackie Kennedy stamps are really cool!

    ReplyDelete