Thursday, January 26, 2017

My Blizzard Birthday


I'll never forget my 19th birthday. On January 26, 1978, a blizzard came to NE Ohio. I was working as a secretary at Firestone Tire & Rubber Co., and I was stupid enough to drive to work. Of course, no one else drove to work that day.

I was living at home, and my mom tried to convince me that I didn't have to go to work, but I insisted that I would get fired if I didn't go.

I haven't seen snow like that in 39 years.

Today, I celebrated my birthday in Florida. It was sunny and 80 degrees. Much better.

Don took me to breakfast at First Watch. I had a wonderful bacon and eggs meal. After that, we went to the pool for three hours and relaxed. Tonight, we went to dinner at a nice restaurant on the water. Then we came home and watched the 1966 movie, To Sir, With Love. It was just as good as I had remembered it to be.

I got texts and emails and phone calls from lots of family and friends.

Peter called me and had his Algebra class sing happy birthday.

It was a wonderful day!

2 comments:

  1. So glad you had a wonderful day! I noticed you didn't tell us how old you are this year ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With simple math, you can figure it out :)

      Delete