Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Mini Monster Cookies

I'm calling these cookies "Mini Monster" cookies because they have M & M's and chocolate chips in them. Don't look too closely because they look kind of messy. But I bet they taste good! Unlike real monster cookies, they do not contain coconut, Reese's Pieces, or butterscotch chips. But they are more than a chocolate chip or M & M cookie. I got the recipe from the Betty Crocker website. They call the cookies "Chocolate Chip M & M Christmas Cookies." I thought that name was a bit too long.

These are a step up from my usual M & M cookies. They contain lots of butter and a little bit of shortening rather than all shortening.

I didn't eat any, and Don just licked the bowl, so I can't report how these taste. I'm guessing they are pretty good!

Mini Monster Cookies

1  1/4 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup shortening
1  1/4 cup sugar
1  1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 T. vanilla
2 eggs
4 1/4 cups flour
2 t. baking soda
1 bag chocolate chips (12 oz.)
1 bag M & M's (14 oz.)

Heat oven to 375 degrees. In a large bowl, beat butter, shortening, sugars, vanilla and eggs with electric mixer on medium speed. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt. Dough will be stiff. Stir in chocolate chips and M & M's.

Use a regular size cookie scoop and drop dough on ungreased cookie sheet (or one covered with a silpat or parchment paper).

Bake 8-10 minutes or until light brown (centers will be soft). Cool 1-2 minutes, then remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack.

Makes about 8 dozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment