Sunday, December 18, 2016

1815 Tavern


Don and I have decided that we need to get out more and try new restaurants. We tend to be home bodies most of the time, but I do get tired of cooking - especially for just the two of us.

Last night, we went to the 1815 Tavern in Aurora. We had been there once before when they first opened and had a limited menu. Their menu has now expanded, and our meals were delicious!

I enjoyed the Tavern Salad to start. I think it was one of the most delicious salads I've ever eaten. I could have just had that for my dinner. But I also ordered an entree. I chose the Mustard Crusted Salmon because I usually get salmon when I can. It was also extremely delicious! The potatoes that came with it were kind of fiery. I asked the waiter why they were so hot. He said they had a chipotle spice on them.

Don started with the Caesar Salad. He didn't rave about it like I did mine, but it was fine. Then he got the New York Strip Steak. It came with a blue cheese and caramelized onion bread pudding and roasted asparagus. He enjoyed it very much.

We will be back to this restaurant for sure. We highly recommend it. It is casual dress too, which we appreciate.

No comments:

Post a Comment