Monday, November 28, 2016

I Love My Sister


I'm 3 1/2 years older than Carolyn, so while we were growing up, we didn't have much in common. While I was in the throws of junior high, she was just a little nine-year-old. And I'm embarrassed to say that I didn't pay much attention to her then. I lived in my own little world. 

It wasn't until we were all grown up and getting married and having children that I realized we did have something in common: we were sisters. She was my only sister, and thankfully, she was very sweet and kind and helpful.

She got married first and had a baby first, so she had something to teach me. She was always there to watch my three children and two dogs along with her five children when Don and I went out of town. I still don't know how she did that.

She is a much better cook and housekeeper than I am, so I looked to her with advice from boiling eggs to making macaroni salad to getting stains out of the wash.

I don't know what I'd do without my dear sister.
I love her so much!

2 comments:

  1. Teary-eyed reading this. I wanted to be just like you when I was a nine-year old and beyond. You are beautiful, intelligent, generous, loving, and patient! I would be lost in this cold, dark world without you. I'm so glad that God ordained us to be sisters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me cry!! You guys are so sweet. Love you! -Katherine

    ReplyDelete