Sunday, October 30, 2016

South of Broad

South of Broad by Pat Conroy has been on my To Read list for a long time. I really meant to read it before this trip to Charleston, but I didn't get around to it. Now that I've been here, this book will move to the top of my list.

This is a shot down Broad Street. We crossed it so we would be "south of Broad" and then we had fun looking at all the old beautiful houses.

I liked this one because of the bike parked in the side yard.

This house was for sale, and the sign read: 38 Church Street, constructed in 1812, Grand Charleston Home, unusually spacious triple lot.

One of Don's favorites. Kind of looks like the house we just renovated.

Waterfront Park across from the Battery. Fort Sumter (can't see it in this photo) is out to the right at the entrance of the harbor.

These two have been hanging out on the balcony a little too long.

We stopped at a Starbucks to get a drink and rest a bit. I was wearing my Cleveland Indians shirt, and I didn't realize it until I sat down that the barista wrote "Go Tribe" on my cup.

We met with our VBT guides at 2:30, got fitted for our bikes, and went for a nice, easy warm-up ride through Charleston covering much of the same ground that we walked the past two days.

No comments:

Post a Comment