Sunday, October 2, 2016

Crockpot Turkey Chili


I've been having some digestive issues for the past couple of months, so most of the recipes I post in October will be on the gluten-free/dairy-free side until I figure out what is causing my trouble.

This Crockpot Turkey Chili is so easy to make, and it tastes really good too. I had to leave out the corn and the cheese, so feel free to add those. I'm sure it would make it taste even better. I also served it over brown rice to get some carbs.

Crockpot Turkey Chili

1 lb. ground turkey
1/2 cup diced tomatoes
8 oz. whole kernel corn
1/2 onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
8 oz. black beans, rinsed and drained
8 oz. kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 T. tomato paste
1 cup water
1 pkg. Lawry's Chili Seasoning
4 oz. shredded cheddar cheese

Brown turkey. Drain off fat. Place all ingredients except cheese in slow cooker. Cook 4 hours on low or 2 hours on high. Top with cheese if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment